Interview Dr. Eugen Carauleanu
Corona affects us all at thyssenkrupp and Materials Services. In interviews we show you how our colleagues in the many different geographical and business corners of MX are dealing with the situation in a personal way. #strongertogether
This time with us... Dr. Eugen Carauleanu, CEO thyssenkrupp Materials Romania
1. What concerns you most right now?
2. What makes you most optimistic right now?
The business is still running and no infection case in our company or families.
3. How do you maintain contact with your people?
Every day, I'm in my office together with operational colleagues or part of non-operational. By phone and email with the rest of colleagues in a home-office program.
4. How do you keep in touch with your customers?
By phone and email.
5. What do you currently miss most?
The meetings with customers and business travels to other branches. In my private life: recreational trips with my kids.
6. What are you looking forward to most when the shutdown is over?
I will spend a long periods on business trips.
7. How do you distract yourself?
No news about the corona virus via TV and other media. It's important to focus on daily activities and other topics.
8. What are you doing now that is different from before Corona? And do you want to keep it that way?
We have a lot of strict rules of disinfections during the day. Most of them will probably remain after the corona crisis.
9. People say that in every crisis there is an opportunity. Right or wrong? And why is that?
Right! We expect more investments to be announced by authorities.
10. During these extraordinary weeks, have you had experiences that you would like to share? What have you perhaps discovered anew?
The courage and optimism of my colleagues. Colleagues who refused to work in a home office program or the branch manager of Timisoara returned one month early from maternity leave in order to support the operational team.
11. What message do you want to send to the 20,000 employees of MX?